Let nature be your co-pilot in creating a home for your hens! Our green roof coop was designed by an architect and it shows – with a low profile, small footprint design that is also a gorgeous addition to any garden. It can be home for up to four free-range chickens. Plans include materials list, cut list and step-by-step fully illustrated instructions.
Key features include:
- The square design makes it easy to expand or build an adjacent chicken coop run.
- The low profile makes it great for smaller suburban or urban backyards.
- The green roof expands your garden with living plants.
- It provides insulation to keep the coop cooler in the summer, and warmer in the winter.
- It provides some sound insulation which helps reduces stress on the chickens.
- Dimensions: 4’x4’x4′
Supplies: $300-500 depending on quality of materials
It is possible to build this chicken coop with a hand saw and drill but, of course, power tools always make things a little easier!